A: At conclave, every Arrowman will be asked to follow the general guidelines set forth by the CDC.
Here are the general guidelines for our event:
- Personal Protection: Social distancing and facemasks (inside and outside) will be required.
- Temperature Screening Form: Every person will be asked to provide a completed form. This form is to be completed with your temperature at home and brought to camp where you will be screened again for your current temperature. It can be found here.
- Consent form: We will ask you to complete a COVID-19 consent form stating you acknowledge the regulations and possibilities of COVID-19 at our event. It can be found here (form pending).
- COVID-19 symptoms: According to the medical form, we ask you to stay home if you are experiencing: shortness of breath, new or worsening dry cough, fever of 100.4 or greater, flu-like symptoms, vomiting, diarrhea, cough, unexplained extreme fatigue or muscle ache, rash, sore throat, and/or open sore.
- Eating and sleeping: Arrowmen will be divided into groups of 10 that they must stay with when they are sleeping and eating. Each person must sleep alone, or tent with someone from the same household (obeying youth protection guidelines.) Eating will be in various styles including to-go style as well as formal dining with social distancing.
A: Participants will be housed with their lodge in one of the beautiful camp sites at Seven Ranges. You will be required to bring your own tent. Unless you are from the same family, you must bring a tent for just yourself. Adults (21 & over) who need special sleeping accommodations for housing (e.g. CPAP) are to contact the Lodge Adviser for the host Lodge, Toby Hoy via eMail at email@example.com at least seven days prior to Conclave to make arrangements.
A: Everyone must bring a current BSA medical form with requisite signatures, a temperature screening form, and a consent form when they check in. If you are not an adult, please make sure to get the required signatures from a parent or guardian. Medical forms can be retrieved at the end of conclave if you are interested. All of these forms are required to be admitted into conclave.
You can access the BSA medical form here.
You can find the temperature screening form here.
You can find the consent form here (form pending).
A: We are requiring you to bring:
- A copy of your medical form, COVID-19 screening form, and consent form.
- Complete Scouts BSA or Venturing Field Uniform (Class A) with OA sash.
- PPE including facemasks and hand sanitizer.
- Tent and appropriate sleeping gear.
- Personal gear & toiletries.
Everything else is up to you, but here are some recommendations:
- Clothing suited for the weather.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Items for our auction!
Important: no alcohol, drugs, weapons, firearms, or fireworks are permitted.
A: The following personal information is required at registration: first name, last name, gender, date of birth, email address, lodge, OA level, address, and an emergency contact, their relationship to you, and their phone number. We will also ask you to indicate if you have mobility restrictions or special medical/dietary needs, which you may optionally answer to help us better service your needs, if any.
A: Hilltop Happening is at Seven Ranges Scout Reservation. The address is: 7070 Meter Rd NE, Kensington, OH 44427
A: Only Section & Service Lodge staff will be permitted on camp prior to 6pm on Friday. PLEASE do not arrive earlier than 6pm if you have not received clearance from the Conclave Management Team or Service Lodge Leadership. Check-in will begin at 6pm.
A: Conclave 2021 “Hilltop Happening” is $40. A $10 late registration fee will be imposed on May 2nd. Ordeal members who obtained their ordeal between April 18th and May 2nd will have a reduced price of $40.
A: We offer two options to pay for Conclave: sending a check/money order and paying with a credit card. Remember, your fee is determined by when you register AND pay.
A: You will be able to return to your registration to pay later. Checks can be made payable to “Buckeye Council” and mailed to OA Section C-4 Conclave, Buckeye Council, 2301 13th St. NW, Canton OH 44708 by May 2nd. If your check is not postmarked by that date, you will be dropped from registration and will have to pay the late fee (total $50 per person) to attend.
A: A dedicated team of youth BSA members that include the Section Chief, Jonathan Golden, through his leadership of the Council of Chiefs including his Section Officers, Lodge Chiefs, Conclave Vice Chiefs and others plan and develop the conclave program with the guidance and direction of the Section Adviser and other appointed adults. A group of dedicated Arrowmen from Sipp-O Lodge will serve as Service Lodge staff ensuring that food, facilities and logistical requirements of the weekend are met.
A: You can access the forms to apply for these awards and learn more at oa-c4.org/resources.
- Lodge Chief of the Year
- Outstanding Lodge Award
- Lodge Admin Award
- The Silver Arrowhead Award
- Section C-4 Active Arrowman Award
A: To run for section office, you must complete an officer petition form and provide it to the Section Adviser, Brian Seeton by the time of the election. Once the elections begin, one of your peers would nominate you for Section Chief, Section Vice Chief, and/or Section Secretary. After you are nominated, you can either accept or deny, and you would then give a speech. This will occur after dinner on Saturday. You can find the form at oa-c4.org/resources.
A: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions concerning conclave program, health and safety, or COVID-19 mitigation measures.